Monday, September 12, 2016

San Angelo Letter #6 - TRANSFERS!

Hi everyone!!!!! This week has been awesome! We are emailing a little earlier because Elder Berta needs more time to pack. :) Surprise! Elder Berta is getting transferred which I am sad about because we became really good friends and we did a lot of good work. This week was the usual. We had a good week. We taught and found a lot of referrals for the English Elders again, which was fun. There was a huge downpour on Saturday.  We helped take down a big art event.  It took forever but was a lot of fun. We then had a branch activity Saturday evening that we put on. Only about ten people showed up, which was sad, but it was a lot of fun. Tuesday we had sports night. We have it every Tuesday. It is put on by the YSA, but we use it to get LA youth from all over San Angelo out and to come to church. The other days were pretty routine. We spent a lot of time prepping for the branch activity. We did a huge bingo night!! It was fun. We had to bake cookies and make boards and run it all.
Now, are you ready for my transfer doctrine....... I'M A TRAINER!!!!!!!! I"m getting a brand new missionary straight out of the MTC by the name of Elder Meldrum. I'll show you our spot on the roster in an attachment. PS... blue means Spanish, red means in training, and the tr means trainer. It is super both nerve racking but also a lot of fun! I'm super excited and it will help me as a missionary. Hopefully this greenie is ready to work, because we are going to hit the streets and we are going to get investigators!! Good news is though, this last transfer Elder Berta and I reactivated four LA families, which is awesome. We still don't have any investigators but we did a lot of awesome LA work and I was definitely sent here to work with Elder Berta which has been a lot of fun! I'm glad I did the work I needed to and now I'm training!  It's so scary and yet I am so pumped!!! Got any advice for me?!  Hope everything at home is great! I love you guys and you guys are the best!!

-- 
Con amor,
Nos vemos,
Elder Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment